With the rise in cybercrimes, it’s essential to know how to protect yourself online. One way you can do that is by using a Secure Browser like Avast.
However, if you no longer want to use this program for whatever reason, then there are steps you need to take before uninstalling it from your computer.
This blog post will go over how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser and other information about related problems – so keep reading!
We will provide some methods to solve the problem of “how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser” on your computer.
Avast Browser is software with built-in antivirus and anti-spyware protection. It’s good for your privacy, but the downside is that it can be difficult to uninstall if you need to get rid of it.
Here are the ways you can remove this program based on your Windows version.
So, do you want to know how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser? No problem!
Here’s how you can do on Windows 7:
1. Blow up the balloon by clicking on it first, then on the red button on the right, close the window using the cross in the top right corner.
2. Go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program. Right-click on Avast and choose the uninstall option. This will not remove your bookmarks or browsing history data.
You may need some technical know-how to achieve this manually if you are tech-savvy enough )
3. Look at Task Manager again and exit your browser by right-clicking with your mouse once more if necessary.
4. On the keyboard, press the Windows key and R simultaneously to open the Run window, then type Regedit > hit Enter or select “OK” to launch the Registry Editor.
5. Locate this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AVAST Software s.r.o. To delete it, right-click on it and press ‘delete’ on your keyboard.
6. Restart the computer after deleting it and check if the issue has been resolved.
In this section, we’ll show you how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser on the Windows 8 operating system using the built-in Windows Control Panel.
1. First, press the Windows key + X on the keyboard > choose Task Manager > click the Avast Browser> click End task button.
2. Select Programs and Features (or you can find “Uninstall a program window”) in Control Panel> right-click on the icon of Avast Secure.
3. Choose the option “Uninstall” from the menu> choose the option “delete browsing data” > Choose OK to allow changes on the computer system -> Wait for the removal process to complete.
4. Launch Registry Editor. Go to Start> type in Regedit > open Registry Editor > click Edit> select Find option from drop-down menu > type Avast in the field> select button “Find next” on Command bar. Disable this program and its associated files.
5. Restart PC.
This part includes how to uninstall the Avast Secure Browser from your PC with Windows 10 system by following the steps below.
1. End task in case the Avast Secure program is running. Right-click on the Start menu on the taskbar > open Task Manager > select the Avast Browser software in the CPU tab > choose End process/task.
2. Right-click on the Windows Start menu > Choose Apps and Features in the first line of the menu that appears after clicking “Apps & features.” Choose programs and features from the left panel.
3. Next, find your way to Settings window by following instructions on the left panel
4. Click Apples & features on the left panel. Find Avast app in the list > select Uninstall.
5. Choose “Yes” to allow this program to have changes to your device > select “Also delete browsing data”> click Uninstall again
6. Let the uninstaller remove this software from the PC
7. Restart your devices
Have you ever tried to remove a program without a tool? It sounds simple, but the process becomes confusing and overwhelming when you get down to how it’s actually done.
That’s why Total Uninstaller was created to ensure that anyone can easily do it with a few clicks. This software is the ultimate tool for how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser.
Follow our guideline:
1. Open Total Uninstaller, choose Avast Browser, select Run Analysis.
2. Select Complete Uninstall, choose “Yes” to determine that you want to uninstall this program right now.
3. Select “Also delete your browsing data”, choose Delete Leftovers > Confirm with Yes when prompted to confirm the removal of all leftovers related to the program.
4. All leftovers have been successfully removed. Changes will not take effect until your PC is restarted.
In conclusion, “how to uninstall Avast Secure Browser” is not as difficult as it seems.
By following these detailed instructions and using the resources provided in this article, you can successfully remove this software from your computer without any problems.
We hope that this guide has been helpful! Thanks for your attention, and see you again in the next post!