Sharing is a characteristic Facebook function that every Facebooker has tried not only once but multiple times. Yet, have you ever wondered whether you’ve known it well enough?
Today, we will show you how to make a post shareable on Facebook as thoroughly as possible. Read on to find out more!
Before moving to how to make a post shareable on Facebook, you first need to acknowledge the privacy modes that Facebook offers. In that way, you can know which group of people your post is engaging with and which not.
But wait a minute, where can you locate these privacy modes to customize yours? The answer lies right in an option named Edit Audience appearing whenever you are up to post something. This awe-inspiring default setting will allow you to freely control who can and cannot see your Facebook updates.
Once you choose the option, here are what you can find useful:
- Public: Anyone can see your posts when you enable this mode. It makes no difference if the person watching is a friend, a stranger, or even someone who doesn’t own a Facebook account.
- Friends: In this mode, only those on your friends’ list can see your updates.
- Friends Except: There are bound to be people on your friend list that you don’t want them to see some certain posts. With this function, such a task is totally feasible to complete since it will assist you in eliminating those friends out of your viewers’ list.
- Specific Friends: This is the function in which only your chosen friends can see and interact with your post.
- Only Me: By setting the mode into “Only me”, you’re merely sharing for yourself, and no one other than you can see what you post there.
- Custom: This option combines the functions of both “Friends Except” and “Specific Friends” modes. It means that you have all right to include and omit friends to view your post up to your preference.
In addition, in case you can’t stand someone and want to get rid of them so badly, you can also choose to use the block feature instead of wasting time electing them.
Have you ever heard your friends complain that they could never see or share your posts even though you obviously didn’t restrict them? If so, you may need to change the privacy of the posts.
It sounds quite surprising but how to make a post shareable on Facebook is indeed a straightforward process. All you have to do is click the ellipsis icon next to the post’s timeline, select “Edit audience,” and then choose the mode you want.
Plus, you have all the right to adjust your privacy settings before, after, or even while posting your status.
Perhaps you’re wondering, “So how can I change the privacy settings for future posts?” Here is what you should follow:
- In the upper right hand corner of Facebook, click the drop-down arrow.
- Select “Settings.”
- Select “Privacy”
- Click “Who can see your future posts.”
- Select “Friends” or any other option you wish to allow whichever group of people to share all your future posts.
Even if you make some mistakes by omitting the wrong person, there is nothing to worry about. Bear in mind that you can change this setting at any time by revisiting the Privacy section later on!
We were all once a technophobe until we dig deeper into it. To save more time, here’s what we prepare for you to make your post shareable the moment you create it.
- Step 1: Open your Facebook account (on website or application).
- Step 2: Create a post.
- Step 3: Click the audience button (right under your account’s name).
- Step 4: Edit the audience settings to “public” or whatever modes you want so people can see it.
There you have it! What an easy-going, right?
In case you wish to share content on certain pages, just click the sharing button of your desired post. Because all the Pages on Facebook are visible to the public, luckily, there will be nothing less for you to do much.
If you are a member of a private Facebook group, any postings you make in the group will not be shareable. So what else can we do?
In case you insist on publishing a post in your private Facebook Group that others may share, there is only one way to accomplish it: Create the post on your wall and then share with this private group. In this way, not only members of the group but also other non-members can share your posts.
Sharing is a fundamental tool provided by Facebook, but it might be tricky to use if you are unfamiliar with the platform’s policies. Now that you know how to make a post shareable on Facebook, it’s time for you to spice up your account’s timeline!
Hope our post will somehow be helpful to you. See you then!