The Adobe Genuine Software integrity service comes as the one that protects its users from numerous issues. In other words, it supports avoiding the risk of viruses or malware compromising data.
Also, this service helps in reducing the chances of which the Adobe functions fail to work correctly. But how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service when you find it no longer useful? Here is the answer.
How To Disable Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service?
In this guide, we bring three different methods of how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service.
Method 1: Use Services To Disable Integrity Service Of Adobe Genuine Software
We view it as the easiest-to-follow method of how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service in this instruction. It is pretty standard for Windows 7, 8, and 9 users.
- Step 1: Open the searching box in Windows. To put it simply, you click on the window OS icon/ Start button/ searching icon located at the bottom left. In the searching box, enter the “Services” option.
- Step 2: There is a window opened with numerous services listed there. Give a look at the bottom and pick the “Standard” option.
- Step 3: Find the “Adobe Genuine Software integrity service”. Do a right-clicking on the menu and choose the “Properties” option.
- Step 4: In the pop-up window with the “Startup Type”, pick the “Disable” option, then click the “Apply” option and then the “OK” one.
Method 2: Use Task Manager To Disable Integrity Service Of Adobe Genuine Software
Another method of how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service is via the task manager. It is best to try it when you see a popup notification on the screen.
- Step 1: In the searching box, type the “Task Manager” to open the “Task Manager.” Or, you can press the keystroke of Ctrl combined with Alt, Del, and Task Manager.
- Step 2: Choose the “Processes” and look for the “integrity service of Adobe Genuine Software” from the list. Do a right-clicking on that option and choose the “Opening File Location” option.
- Step 3: When the folder gets opened, turn to the “Task Manager”. Do a right-click on the “integrity service of Adobe Genuine Software”. Click on the “End Task”.
- Step 4: Delete the folder named AdobeGCIClient, which you found in Step 2.
Method 3: Remove Via Command Prompt
We have to say that it is not the simplest option of how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service. But this method comes with high reliability.
In case there is no method mentioned above that can work, try this third one. It is to run the “cmd” standing for the command line window. There are three steps in total.
- Step 1: Click on the Windows searching box and type “cmd.” Next, choose “Run as the administrator.” Another way is to right-click on the search result and select “Run as the administrator.”
- Step 2: In the Command Prompt workspace, type the “SC Delete AGSService” → click “Enter”.
- Step 3: Manually delete the folder named “AdobeGCClient” by going to the folder located on the drive C of the computer.
What about how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service on the Mac operating system?
- Step 1: Find and click on the “Finder” normally located on the bottom left of your Mac system.
- Step 2: From the navigation bar, click on the “Go.” Next, choose the “Go to the Folder.” And then click on the “Library.”
- Step 3: Open the Library folder. In terms of the latest updated Mac versions, this folder does not stand on the left side. In this case, open the Finder and type “~/Library” on the “Go”.
- Step 4: Click on the Application Support. And then choose “Adobe”.
- Step 5: Remove the Adobe Genuine Software Integrity Service from the AdobeGCCClient folder. Next, go to the “Trash” and delete it permanently remove it from your Mac system.
Note: Maybe, you cannot find the location of the AdobeGCCClient folder. This situation means you don’t have permission to access that folder. Alternative, these are two steps to follow.
- Step 1: Do right-click to change the permissions on the Adobe folder. Then click on the “Get Info.”
- Step 2: Search “AdobeGCC” in the Finder. Finally, you can access the AdobeGCCService folder and remove anything that you need in that folder.
It is all about how to disable Adobe Genuine Software integrity service? Hopefully, the information that we provide can help your usage well. Do you have any experience to share?
For any further support, we are eager to hear from you with numerous exciting questions ahead. We will be back soon.