There’s nothing quite as comfy and at the same time chic as the denim wear – these styles are the real power players in your closet. There’s nothing quite as comfy and at the same time chic as the denim wear. It’s versatile, it’s cool, and the right pair of jeans can be worn any day of the year, during any season. While it can take years to uncover the perfect pair — it’s taken this editor a decade to find The One — once you do, your weekend uniform is essentially set for life. Whether you prefer a polished pair of dark denim to day from day to night or you’re obsessed with the cool look of distressed denim, you can’t go wrong with these fashion editor approved looks.
Scroll down to get some inspiration for the chilly days and shop your favourite looks!
1. First make sure your jeans fit properly. Avoid jeans that are too snug in the hips and thighs. For a dressy look, you should also avoid jeans that are loose and baggy. Pair dark blue jeans with hot red turtleneck and matching killer heels, for more dressier look. Finish off the look with a fiddler hat, which is so trendy right now!
1.Dolce and Gabbana Coat , 2. YSL pumps, 3. Karen Millen Turtleneck , 4. Jacob Cohen Jeans , 5. Manokhi Cap, 6. Diamond Stud Earrings , 7. Victoria Beckham Sunglasses , 8. Bloomingdales Gloves, 9. 3.1 Phillip Lim Bag
2. Make sure your jeans rise high enough in the waist to provide coverage when you sit down. Low-rise jeans usually look more youthful and casual than other styles, so opt for a medium or high rise. Create a more casual look and style your jeans with a pair white sneakers, pom pom fur hat and statement coat.
3. Distressed jeans are popular, but they give off an extremely casual vibe. If you’re trying to dress up, make sure your jeans don’t have holes for more polished look. Try matching darker blue jeans with more earthy colours like emerald green and toffee tones.
4. Try a nice sweater with jeans to dress up on a cool day. Match a cream bulky, turtleneck sweater with a lighter pair of jeans. Throw a grey long wool coat (to keep you warm in these temperatures) and finish off the look with a pop up colour for you accessories.
1.Victoria Beckham Coat, 2. Gianvito Rossi Pumps, 3. Victoria Beckham Sweater, 4. Levi’s Jeans , 5. Blue Nile Earrings , 6. Linda Farrow Sunglasses, 7. Olivia Burton Watch , 8. Isotoner Signature Gloves , 9. Victoria Beckham Clutch
5. Look for diversity in size if you’re pear shape. If your body is that size jeans may be big enough for your lower body, but bunch up near the legs and finding the right pair might be a challenge. With pear figures, find brands with varying length options, such as short, regular, and long. This way, the legs will be catered to a variety of different heights.
1.Stella McCartney Coat, 2. L.K. Bennett Boots, 3. Cinq À Sept Tate Ruffle Rib Turtleneck, 4. M&Co Jeans , 5. Tory Burch Gloves, 6. Ippolita Earrings , 7. Le Specs Sunglasses, 8. Tom Ford Lipstick, 9. Larsson and Jennings Watch , 10. No 21 Velvet Bag
6. Try head to toe black! You can still dress up light to medium wash jeans, but darker shades of denim look nicer and more formal than lighter shades. Dark wash jeans are also the most appropriate for casual business occasions.
1. Michael Kors Coat , 2. Christian Louboutin Pumps, 3. Chloe Blouse, 4. YSL Jeans , 5. Manokhi Hat , 6. Dior Earrings, 7. PopMap Sunglasses, 8. Hermes Gloves , 9. M2Malletier Bag, 10. L’Oreal Lipstick