Now that fall television’s in full swing, we’re commandeering our favorite on-screen heroines to help us take our office wardrobe up a notch. Whether it’s Olivia Pope, who manages crises in white-on-white-on-white, or Joan Harris, who reigns as queen of the boy’s club in form-fitting sheath dresses, these ladies are trailblazers on all fronts. Your new head-to-toe look? It’s handled.
As the Nation’s Capital’s most in-demand fixer, Olivia Pope doesn’t have time to mess around on the sartorial front. She sticks to all-business neutrals in strong, elegant shapes. How she gets down and dirty on the job while keeping her whites pristine? It’s lost on us.
1. Vetements Elbow-Length Zip Glove, $950; lagarconne.com.
2. Burberry Prorsum Trench Coat, $2,195; mytheresa.com.
3. The Limited Liv Flare Leg Trouser Pants, $98; thelimited.com.
4. Jeffrey Campbell Solange Heel, $162; nastygal.com.
5. The Limited Cape Trench Coat, $228; thelimited.com.
6. Fendi Leather 3Jours Tote, $2,145; stylebop.com.