You’ve planned the perfect beach get away and have been working on that bikini body for months. Now add the finishing touches. Vogue.in asked Angela Jonnson, model and Kingfisher calendar girl, for her favourite tips on looking your best in and out of the water. Along with a few swimwear styles trending this season.
1. “Wear a color that compliments your skin tone and tan.”
2. “If you expect to be in a swimsuit, exercise right up to those days.”
3. “Avoid salty food items as well as alcohol at the time. It increases water retention and causes bloating.”
4. “If you’re going to wear make-up, be sure its water-proof and keep it to a minimum. Also keep your skin moisturized. The sun can be very drying.”
5. “Pay attention to your posture. It actually makes a lot of difference; standing with good posture will only help you look better in your bikini.”
6. “If you’re unsure about a swimsuit shape pick a safe yet stylish one-shoulder swimsuit and keep a cover-up handy.” Try Sanchita’s one-shoulder swimsuit and Milly’s Azores printed kaftan, which can also take you from beach to bar.